Tel: 07599 837 880
Two Hoots Campsite, Sutton Wood Lane, Bighton, Alresford, Hampshire, SO24 9SG
Copyright © 2015 Two Hoots Campsite
Here at Two Hoots Campsite we are proud to offer glamping in shepherds huts and eco-
We recognise that everything we do has a direct impact on the local and global environment and wish to reduce this impact and become more efficient wherever possible and practical.
We have acted on this over the last couple of years and looked into every aspect of impact when building our wooden barn onsite. We employed a master craftsman to manage the build ensuring it was built by hand with the least environment impact.
There were many environmental features adopted within the build including piling to ensure tree roots were not damaged, windows were high spec, insulation regulations were exceeded to ensure minimal heat loss, PIR LED lights installed, percussive taps in the building and many more.
Our environmental impact is mainly through use of electricity, water, household waste sewage and fuel.
Although we already have many working practices in force, we recognise and understand the need to monitor and further reduce carbon pollution and improve bio diversification in and around the campsite while ensuring we maintain the charm of this beautiful countryside environment.
We fully support the principles of, and are committed to the sustainable use of, global resources including the reduction of pollution and waste.
It is our goal to further develop the sustainability and eco-
Our commitment means that we will:
We will look to review this policy each year.
Be a responsible visitor – things you can do to help save the planet.
• Save energy – switch off lights that are not in use and close windows and doors when the heating is on. http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk
• Give the car a rest -
• Shop local: Use local products they give you a flavour of the area and help support local communities. Please see visitor book & notice board for further information, if in doubt ask we can always give you some local information.
• Reduce, reuse and recycle-
Please return, pass on or recycle any leaflets that you have finished with.
Try to recycle any waste that you have by using our recycle bins. http://www.recyclenow.com
• Do not flush inappropriate items down the toilet. Please use bins provided in toilet room.
• Support local Culture & heritage: Visit our important heritage buildings and attend local events & festivals. That way you are keeping the culture and heritage alive.
• Be water wise -
• Respect nature: Help us look after our area the landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths, cycleways and bridleways responsibly.
Follow the country code when out and about in Hampshire’s beautiful countryside.
• Support Carbon Smart Businesses, there are hundreds of businesses trying to reduce there environmental impacts through the Carbon Smart Scheme. Businesses area awarded certificates for their achievements in becoming environmentally responsible. See their website for more details www.carbonsmart.co.uk
Most importantly we hope you have enjoyed your stay at Two Hoots and hope to welcome you again sometime in the near future ! Happy Camping
All reviews are gratefully received as they help us to further better our service.
They often make us smile, which makes everything worthwhile.
|T & Cs and Campsite Rules|
|Privacy & Cookies|